Sonntag, 8. Februar 2015

My trip to Grand Canary / Mi viaje a Gran Canaria

After 3 months of anticipation I finally made it to Grand Canary and I still can't believe I'm already here. The time just went by so quickly!

Después tres meses de anticipación finalmente estoy en Gran Canaria y todavía no puedo creer que ya estoy aquí. 

If somebody would ask me how my trip was, I probably would answer something like ,,pretty well", BUT since I'm not a liar and I want to be honest with you, I would instead answer more something like ,,horrible.". 

Si alguien me preguntara qué tal mi viaje, probablemente yo contestaría algo cómo ,,bien", PERO como no soy una mentirosa, diría ,,terrible". 

Together with my parents, my sister, my exchange partner who has already been here since three weeks and two of my closest friends, I made my way to the airport of Hamburg, where I was supposed to get off. BUT because of a big accident, we were stuck into traffic for five (!!) whole hours!

Junto a mis padres, mi hermana, mi compañero del intercambio que ya esta aquí desde hace tres semanas y dos amigos hice el trayecto al aerpuerto de Hamburgo. PERO a causa de un accidente se produjo una congestión muy grande y tardamos cinco horas. 

I think it's save to say that you can all imagine that I wasn't in a reeeaally good mood, since I was afraid I might miss my flight...

And GUESS WHAT?!
I missed it.
Of course. 

No creo que tenga que contaros que no estaba de buen humor, porque tenía miedo de perder el vuelo...

Pues bien, lo perdí.
Claro.

Luckily we somehow managed to book another flight to the island, that got off seven hours later, so I didn't miss any activities.

Because of the lack of sleep I didn't feel very good the whole flight, but when I caught sight of the first sun rays, I instantly felt way better and all my sorrows were blown away. 

Por suerte, pudimos reservar otro vuelo a la isla, que partía siete horas después, así que no perdí ninguna actividad.

Debido a la falta de sueño no me encontré muy bien durante el viaje, pero desde que pude ver los primeros rayos del Sol, me encontré mucho mejor y se me acabaron todas las penas.

Finally landing in Grand Canary I felt even better, when I met my lovely hostfamily.

Finalmente, al aterrizar en Gran Canaria me encontré aún mejor, cuando conocí a mi nueva familia de acogida. 


When life puts you in a tough situation, don't say 'why me?'. Just say 'try me'.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen